Thursday, July 5, 2012

Important Update

Helo, all!  I apologize for the long lag in updates, but finding time to write has been challenging now that I have three kids. lol  However, school will be starting up again soon and now that my baby sleeps through the night and holds her own bottle, I will be a bit more freed up. :)

Need you to know that things are about to take an unexpected left turn in this story.  Don't let that frighten you away.  The thing is, I see this as more of a web drama than a novel.  If I ever do decide to have it published, I am aware that serious changes will be needed.  However, I'm mostly doing it for fun.  For myself and for my readers, although I also take my writing very seriously.  Still feel free to comment on the writing, etc, whether it is positive or negative.  I will take all comments into considerations.

Now, you're probably wondering what that "left turn" is.  Let's put it this way.  Viewing what's happening in the world right now- all the craziness and catastrophes-(If you don't know what I mean here are some hints:  "zombies," wars, fires, major floods, droughts, severe storms and power outages, fish washing up dead all over the world.  Dan would take special notice of it all.)- I think this should have an impact on all of the characters.  That's it in a nutshell.

So I think it will be fun, incorporating the craziness, and I hope to convey some special and important messages.  You can take them or leave them, but I do hope you enjoy the story and learn something along the way. 

Thanks for reading!

Jennifer

5 comments:

  1. Hey Jennifer! It's good to see you're back! I've been checking your site frequently for your updates and I'm super happy you're returning to the story. Life can be hectic... take your time.

    I can't wait to see where you'll take us with your new ideas. :)

    Suzie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to know you're okay. :)

    I've added the blog to my RSS feed so I'll see when you update. Hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jennifer! Just popped by to say hello and see how life is treating you. Been writing at all?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Jennifer,

    I was wondering if you'll be continuing your story?

    Thanks so much.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Lisa...I will. And I've decided this is not a novel but a drama you can "tune" into. I think this story has lots of loops and there is still much that I need to weave into it in order for it to be believable. Perhaps one day I'll condense it into a novel, but I've got to get all the ideas OUT THERE. lol I think this is what's been slowing me down all along- wanting to write the book and realizing I don't have the space for all of my ideas.

    That said, I'll also be writing shorter stories and selling them on Amazon for about .99 cents each. So, that tells you I've been thinking about a lot of different things, this story included.

    Thanks for the inquiry and sorry I haven't responded until now. A toddler and two older kids with lots of homework has made writing more difficult. :)

    ReplyDelete